Cruisers should absolutely pack travel power strips or outlet extenders for their journey. Check out our 9 excellent choices.
A travel power strip or outlet extender is one must-have cruise accessory that you should pack for your trip. No matter the size of your travel party, if you have multiple devices that need charging, you will very likely be short on outlets in your cabin. And, the limited outlets available may not necessarily be conveniently located for your personal use. That’s why taking along something to expand your power options makes sense.
Please read on for our recommendations of the best travel power strips and outlet extenders available right now. The units below are cruise-friendly because they do not provide surge protection. Let’s dive in!
This post may contain affiliate links that could result in a commission to this website (at no additional cost to you). Visit our Disclosures Page for more information.
Best Travel Power Strips/ Outlet Extenders
This Anker power strip with USB outlets is a very compact, versatile cube-shaped power strip with three AC outlets and three USB ports. It also has power IQ technology that detects the type of device being charged and adjusts the voltage accordingly. Thus it offers high-speed charging of your devices as appropriate.
With a length of less than 2 ½ cubic inches, the Anker power strip is highly compact and portable. The power cable comes with a thick rubber coating that offers protection from fire and overloading. While this power strip makes an excellent travel companion, it is also great for everyday use around the house!
- Compact and portable power strip.
- Comes with three AC outlets and three USB ports.
- Power IQ technology for fast charging.
- Compact and portable, hence ideal for travel.
- Available in two colors.
- Varied cable length available with 5, 8, and 10 feet options.
- Weighs less than 10 ounces.
- Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and Samsung galaxy.
- Must remember to push the button to activate USB ports.
- The thick cable is not particularly pliable.
- May produce less efficient charging when multiple devices are connected simultaneously.
This compact power strip comes with three power outlets and four USB ports, including a Type C port. It has a 5 feet long braided extension cord attached to it for charging. The power strip supports worldwide voltage. Thus, it makes an ideal travel companion.
It offers protection from overcharging, short circuits, overheating, and overcurrent, but is advertised as not having the type of surge protection that cruise lines frown upon.
The Mifaso powerstrip comes with an anti-skid pad that helps prevent the powerstrip from skidding while on the table.
- Power strip with 3 AC outlets, 3 USB ports, and one Type C port.
- 5 feet long braided extension cord.
- Right-angled flat plug.
- Anti-skid pad that prevents the power strip from skidding.
- Lightweight and compact design.
- Can charge seven electric devices at the same time.
- Has a Type C port for charging your most updated devices.
- Compact and portable.
- Flat plug design won’t hog other outlets.
- The type C port does not support the charging of Macbook, Macbook Air, or Macbook Pro.
- Several customers complained about the USB ports stop working after a few months.
- The three electrical plugs are closely space. So, you may find it difficult to use all three at the same time.
This cube-shaped outlet extender comes with three AC outlets and two USB ports. Thus, you can charge a wide range of devices from mobile to laptop, tablet, and iPad. The extender is made of flame retardant material and protects your devices from overcharging and short circuits.
This is a cordless style power strip that plugs directly into the wall outlet. The lack of a cord makes it very small and compact. It is very easy to carry–fits in the palm of your hand.
- Small and compact extender ideal for travel.
- Comes with three AC outlets and two USB ports.
- Plugs directly into the outlet without a cord.
- Can plug three devices without touching each other as the outlets are not adjacent to each other.
- Plugs flush into an outlet, so won’t take up counter space.
- Small design makes it easy to use in airports or other public spaces.
- Protects the devices from over current, overcharging, overheating and short circuits.
- Available in three colors.
- Occasional complaints of low humming or buzzing sound.
This portable outlet extender comes with three outlets and three USB ports. Thus, you can charge six devices at the same time. The USB ports of the outlet detect the device being charged and provide the optimal charging speed. The three outlets can accommodate one large adapter and two standard plugs at the same time.
Depending on the size of the wall outlet, placing the expander in the bottom position of a wall outlet may block access to the top socket. You will have better results placing expander in the top position.
- Has three outlets and three USB ports.
- Wide spaced AC outlets.
- Attractive cube design that is lightweight and compact.
- Small and compact. Hence, easy to carry around.
- Since the outlets are on three sides, you can easily connect three devices without the plugs blocking each other.
- accommodates bulky plugs
- Can charge six devices at the same time.
- May block access to adjacent outlets.
- Some quality control issues. Many reports of defective units.
This multi-plug outlet extender has four AC outlets and 3 USB ports. The outlets can accommodate three 2 prong flat pin plugs and one 3 prong flat pin plug. The outlets are designed in such a way that they do not block each other. The USB ports can detect the device and deliver the optimal charge for fast charging.
This outlet extender can be used for any occasion, both inside and outside the house.
- Outlet extender with 4 AC outlets and 3 USB ports.
- Can accommodate three 2 prong flat pin plugs and one 3 prong flat pin plug.
- Optimal power usage.
- The four AC outlets of the extender are designed such that they do not block each other.
- Compact design and hence ideal for travel.
- Can charge multiple devices at the same time.
- When in use, the front-facing AC outlet may block access to USB ports.
This box-shaped travel mini power strip comes with two AC outlets and 3 USB ports. The AC outlets can accommodate three-prong plugs. The power strip has a rubberized bottom to prevent slippage. It supports a wide range of voltages.
The Tessan portable mini power strip comes with a multi-protection system designed to protect against short circuits, overheating, and overcharging. Although somewhat larger in size, the item weighs less than 9 ounces.
- AC outlets and 3 USB ports.
- 5-foot cord
- Intelligent charging technology that detects each device and delivers power accordingly.
- Support a wide range of voltages.
- Protect against short circuits, overheating, and over current.
- Small and portable size.
- The 5-foot cord allows you to maximize the use of poorly placed outlets.
- Ideal for travel purposes as it supports a wide range of voltages.
- The rubber bottom provides a good grip on the power strip to stay on the table.
- Optimum use of power depending on the device charged.
- Lightweight but bulky dimensions take up more counter space than some other models.
- Some cell phone models charge slowly.
This is a doughnut-shaped cruise power strip that comes with 3 AC outlets and 3 USB ports. The compact and lightweight design of the power strip makes it an ideal travel companion. The power cord is short, around 15 inches, and can be easily wrapped around the groove. The length of the cord allows some access to poorly placed outlets but still remains relatively close to the source outlet.
It can be used to charge a range of devices like phones, laptops, iPads, and camera batteries. The power strip comes with a smart chip inside that can protect the device from overcharging, short circuits, and overvoltage.
- Comes with 3 AC outlets and 3 USB ports.
- 15-inch short power cord.
- Smart chip that protects from overcharging, short circuits, and overvoltage.
- Rubber mat at the bottom that prevents slippage.
- Available in three shades – black, white, and red.
- Compact and lightweight.
- It can charge a range of devices.
- The smart IC automatically detects the device being charged and provides the optimal power.
- Several customers complained about the USB port not working properly in the long run.
- It is not a good choice for charging large devices like stereo.
- The power cord too short.
This is a pack of 2 outlet extenders. Each extender has four outlets for charging devices with full – three 2 prong flat pin plugs and one 3 prong flat pin plug. The extender is cube-shaped and is lightweight and compact. These do not have USB slots.
- Accommodates devices with bulky plugs.
- Comes with four outlets for charging devices.
- No surge protection or cord.
- Can be used for cruise travel as it does not have surge protection or cord.
- The outlets are well spaced, so have sufficient access to charge four devices at the same time.
- Can be used in the home as well as for travel.
- If you plug both the extenders together, you cannot access the outlets on adjacent sides.
- No option for USB plugs.
This sleek-looking power strip has a contemporary space-saving design with 1 USB-C port, 2 USB ports, 2 AC outlets, and a 5-foot power cord. Location of AC outlets accommodates large size plugs. Can deliver an 18W high-speed charge with USB-C Power Delivery and Anker’s PowerIQ technology.
- Comes with 2 USB ports, 2 AC outlets, and 1 USB-C port.
- Designed with a slimmer, flatter plug than typical power strips which allows access to hard-to-reach outlets.
- 5-foot extension cord.
- Internal child-friendly safety shutters that prevent insertion of foreign objects.
- Space-saving design accommodates a wide range of devices.
- Can charge five devices simultaneously.
- Compatible with all standard wall outlet voltages worldwide (100V – 240V).
- Supports high-speed charging (but now 25W fast charging).
- The slippery surface can move around on the counter.
- Some USB-C cords do not fit properly in the USB-C port.
Bestselling Travel Power Strips on Amazon*
*(not necessarily cruise-friendly)
A travel power strip or outlet extender will be an excellent addition to any cruise packing list, and it will make navigating the use of your electronic devices significantly easier. Be sure you have one for your next trip!
Last update on 2021-11-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API